Problems we treat at Havering IAPT
We treat the following problems
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder (with or without Agoraphobia)
- Specific Phobias (i.e., spiders, blood, needles, etc.)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Relationship Difficulties
- Long-Term Conditions
What happens after referral
Phone contact will be made with 48 hours. A short asssessment will be complete via the phone.
Our friendly staff will aim to find out what you are finding challenging and how we can support you with the right service or treatment.
Issues we do not treat
- Bipolar disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Eating disorders
- Severe Suicidality ( NELFT Mental Health Direct 0300 555 1000 )
- Drug and Alcohol abuse
- Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Severe Anger Problems, Perpetrators of Domestic Violence
- Safeguarding risk
- Ongoing domestic violence issues
What we offer
There are two steps of care.
Step 2: Low-intensity CBT interventions.
Mild and more common mental health A Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners (PWP) will work with you on using self guided help or CBT interventions.
Step 3: High-intensity Cognitive Behavioural (CBT): Therapists working with individuals with more moderate to severe common mental health problems.
This can be Cognitive Behaviourial Therapy (CBT)
4-6 Sessions offered every 2 weeks: Length of each session 30 minutes
6-12 sessions offered weekly: Length of Each session 50 minutes